Kideksha

This little village is situated near Suzdal at the intersection of the Nerl and Kamenka rivers. Founded in the 12th century, it was a fortified town and an important trade junction until its destruction by the Mongols. Its Church of Boris and Gleb, erected by order of Yuri Dolgoruky in 1152, is the oldest built using white limestone in Russia and is on the UNESCO World Heritage List. According to legend, the martyrs Boris and Gleb, the first saints of the Russian Orthodox Church, stopped here on their way to Kiev.